Tuesday, August 17, 2010

I'll be the princess,you be the GIANT!

Reason of this week as to why I'm going to have 50 gazillion kids:

It is a truth universally acknowledged that a large group of school and pre-school aged children will play imaginative games involving princes, kings, princesses and dragons.  Furthermore, where there is a princess, there will need to be a giant/dragon/monster, whether the princess is held captive by the villainous creature or is (more likely) in cahoots with him.

And who is the most fitting character to play the dragon/giant/destroyer of worlds?  That's right: a two year old.  I currently have a 2 year old, so I have done my part to ensure that there is a supply of dragons/monsters/giants for the next year or so.  And, once he's outgrown being the monster, I'll have an up and coming dragon in the works who will be entering toddlerhood at that point. After all, what is the point of being a princess without a dragon to run away from or to send off to attack the king?  Without a dragon/monster/giant/alien, the entire story line gets really boring.

So, reason of the week for why I need to keep having my 50 gazillion kids?  So that there will always be a giant/dragon/monster/alien to be a destroyer of worlds, and cookie jar culprit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment